Across the country entrepreneurial incubator sites and organizations are springing up to assist people in launching new businesses. Sometimes they have commercial kitchens with them which can be rented by the hour and people trained in all the regulations and business requirements of the food business. In Candler NC is Advantage West, the Blue Ridge Entrepreneurial Council and Blue Ridge Food Ventures. The commercial kitchen idea has been copied in Burgaw NC where the town’s historic depot has been converted, and in Warsaw NC where Sprunt Community College has developed the site.
I see the need to have the same kind of entrepreneurial incubator environment for mission projects. Something close is offered through conference centers. North Carolina Baptist Men have “Mission Camps” at Shelby and Red Springs. But even these are not quite what I have in mind. In all these cases established programs are promoted and pursued. But what I have in mind is a place where people with a unique vision can come and find practical help in bringing it to reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment